Our team of Chartered Accountants has one simple goal: to maximize your after tax wealth.
Our areas of expertise include Personal Tax Planning as well as Corporate Tax Planning and Compliance . We also offer Small- and Medium-Sized Business Services such as:
- business start-up advice;
- monthly accounting and bookkeeping services;
- year-end financial statements; and
- business reviews.
Perhaps you are a recent windfall recipient as a result of the pay-equity settlement , stock options , a settlement/buyout , lottery winnings or an inheritance . We can help there, too. We can also assist you to clarify your future position if you are considering retirement . Finally, we offer services in Forensic Accounting, Litigation Support and Business Valuation .
Personal Tax Planning
- First and foremost, our personal-tax experts will help ensure there are no surprises. As well, they will:
- work with you to minimize both your personal and your family's overall tax liability through the proper restructuring of income and the interpretation of the rules;
- advise you on the availability of family trust accounts for tax planning purposes to ensure you can take care of the future needs of your children;
- ensure you are compliant with the tax rules;
- make sure your tax planning reflects the complex changing tax laws;
you time -- and worry -- by guiding you or acting on your behalf
with the Canada Revenue Agency (formerly Revenue Canada) on all
- help you avoid interest and penalties by filing your returns and installments correctly and promptly; and
- develop strategic plans for current and future years.
Corporate Tax Planning and Compliance
The Chartered Accountants at Rheaume Williams Kalbfleisch are corporate-tax specialists and will:
- help you minimize your corporate-tax liability with their expert knowledge of the rules;
- manage complex tax issues related to GST, reorganizations and business transactions;
- ensure consistent decision making within your overall corporate holdings;
the completed set of integrated documents with the Canada Revenue
Agency (formerly Revenue Canada) properly and on time;
- sort out the wide array of business issues including bonuses, year-end, shareholder-management remuneration, family trusts and proprietorship vs. incorporation; and
- determine eligibility for R&D tax credits.
Small and Mid-Size Business Services
Rheaume Williams Kalbfleisch can provide expert guidance for small- and mid-sized business owners and managers. From Business Start-Up Advice , and Monthly Accounting/Bookkeeping Services to Management Assignments/Special Projects and Year-End Financial Statements , we can help you keep more of the money you and your business have earned.
1. Business Start-Up Advice
Whether you are structuring your business ownership as a sole proprietor, a partnership or a corporation, we can help in a number of ways. For example, we can:
- maximize your tax savings by choosing a proper year-end based on business cycle;
- identify and implement the accounting system and software best suited to meet your business needs;
- train you and your staff to use your selected accounting system;
- sort out GST (should you use the quick or regular method?) PST, and payroll issues;
- prepare and file all tax returns (including GST, PST, and source deductions);
- explain the tax implications of having a home office, using a company or personal vehicle, and employing family members; and
- prepare financial forecasts and business plans based on a careful review of all tax, financial and marketing issues.
2. Monthly Accounting/Bookkeeping Services
At Rheaume Williams Kalbfleisch, we can show you how to change this ongoing obligation into a management tool that gives you the reports you need to better manage your business. We can also:
- save you time and worry by having our staff look after your monthly, quarterly or yearly requirements on a part-time basis;
- recommend the accounting software program that is best suited for your business needs;
- train you to use the chosen software to produce maximum results; and
- review your interim financial results to identify problems or timely opportunities.
3. Management Assignments/Special Projects
Do you have a special project in mind? Perhaps you require financing or need to develop a plan that represents the goals and objectives of your business and provides a roadmap to help you achieve success. Rheaume Williams Kalbfleisch can help. For example, we can:
- prepare a review of either one segment of your business or your whole operation to help you understand its strengths and weaknesses and recommend strategies for improvement;
- develop a formal business plan supported by financial cash flow analyses, forecasts and a written narrative describing your business and its plan;
- help you prepare and present your funding proposals to potential revenue sources including banks, government organizations, private investors or venture capitalists;
- perform feasibility studies to analyze your investment opportunities and carry out assignments designed to help you solve your problems; and
- streamline important functions such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, taxes and inventory control.
4. Year-end Financial Statements
At Rheaume Williams Kalbfleisch, we look at the big picture. We not only prepare statements, we also review your accounting system and identify opportunities for internal control improvements. And we can help you choose the most appropriate financial-statement format:
- Notice to Reader - Basic financial statement format appropriate for most small owner-managed businesses. Suitable for organizations with minimal bank or credit requirements.
- Review Engagement - These are required by banks, suppliers and other interested parties as financing needs increase and more important business decisions are being made. Also appropriate for owners who do not have hands-on control over the business and need a higher level of assurance.
- Audit - These are required by banks, suppliers and investors as their involvement and risks grow. Also chosen by small organizations in anticipation of an Initial Public Offering (IPO). Audits are also a necessity for many charitable organizations. Both full or partial audits (accounts receivable, payables or inventory) are available.
Forensic Accounting, Litigation Support and Business Valuation
At Rheaume Williams Kalbfleisch, we offer expert support to litigators, public regulators, insurers and enforcement agencies. Contact us for more information.