Roy graduated from Ottawa University in 1979 with a Bachelor of Administration degree. He proceeded to take a law degree at Queen's University and graduated with his LL.B. in 1982. Roy articled for a civil litigation firm in 1982-1983 and completed the Bar Admission course in 1984. He was called to the Law Society of Upper Canada in 1987. At this point, Roy began his articling period with a Chartered Accounting firm and completed his C.A. exams in 1987. He specialized in taxation with a large multinational accounting firm and completed the in-depth Canadian Institute of "Chartered Accountants" taxation course.
Roy left Price Waterhouse in 1990 and quickly built up a strong owner managed practice while at the same time specializing in taxation issues. Roy's accounting and legal backgrounds allowed him to develop a strong business consulting practice. In 1995 Roy left public accounting for two years to run a company with two hundred employees in seven different Provinces. His entrepreneurial experience combined with his strong credentials were ideal for his two year stint as Chief Executive Officer.
In 1997 Roy resumed his public accounting career and has quickly built up a strong practice. Roy has expanded his strong taxation background with increased work in research and development tax credits as well as residency issues. His CEO experience has lent itself to a continued business consulting role with his clients.
Additional Skill Sets
- As CEO substantial experience with a rapidly growing company. Additional experience with the rightsizing of the corporation including all aspects of employment law. Negotiated all major corporate contracts. Organized start-up activities in new locations.
- Business consulting advice to companies in various stages of development. Business advice on a wide range of accounting, taxation, personnel, contractual, marketing and employment related issues.
- Provided taxation advice on residency and cross-border taxation issues for individuals and corporations.
- Strong public speaker and communicator with substantial experience speaking to groups on accounting, business and taxation issues.
- Avid hockey player
- Devoted Ottawa Senators hockey fan
Contact Roy Williams at email@example.com